Time: June 25, 2009 from 6pm to 8pm
Location: Bar West in Pacific Beach
Street: 959 Hornblend Street
City/Town: San Diego/Pacific Beach
Website or Map: http://www.barwestsd.com/
Event Type: beers, for, books, and, book, swap
Organized By: WGN (www.wgn-global.com) and the San Diego Chapter of Room to Read
Latest Activity: Jun 18, 2009
Bar West is a top-shelf blend of exclusive downtown chic and relaxed seaside atmosphere you won’t find anywhere else. And they are also generously donating $1 dollar to Room to Read for every draft beer ordered on June 25th from 6-8pm! Enjoy Fat Tire, Guinness, Bass, Blue Moon, Stella, Stone IPA, Widmer Hefeweizen, and Pabst Blue Ribbon.
Event fee of $15 includes one drink and free appetizers. All event profits will be donated to Room to Read.
In addition to networking and raising awareness for this important organization, you will enjoy a book swap – bring as many books as possible to swap and donate – get a raffle ticket for every 5 books you bring! Raffle prizes include: a round of golf, professional lessons, apparel, books, and gift certificates from local boutiques.
The event also boasts a book signing from five prominent San Diego female authors!
• Paula Margulies, Coyote Heart
• Cynthia Tocci, Stone Voice Rising
• Cathy Worthington, Watch Over Thy Child
• Patricia Santana, Motorcycle Ride on the Sea of Tranquility and Ghosts of El Grullo
• Judith A. Habert, Hey, I'm Italian!: An Insider's Look at Growing Up Italian
Benefits of the event:
• Help raise money for Room to Read – Girls scholarship program in Zambia
• Book Swap – clear out the old and make room for the new – just in time for summer!
• Networking with globally minded professionals
• Meet local female authors working to make a difference
• Enjoy specialty drinks and appetizers
• Relax and enjoy one of PB’s best lounges