Time: October 31, 2010 from 2pm to 5:30pm
Location: Sorazaya park
Street: 広島市中区十日市町３丁目 Hiroshima city, Naka-ku Tokaichi-machi 3 chome
Website or Map: http://www.gethiroshima.com/e…
Event Type: halloween, party, fundraiser, family, friendly
Organized By: GetHiroshima, MamaJoy and Friends
Latest Activity: Aug 2, 2016
Halloween is a great time to hold a positive, international community event where lots of new parents and kids can get together, make new friends and have fun. It is also a great chance to give back to kids in need, this year's party is a fundraiser for Room to Read providing books, libraries and schools for kids in need worldwide.
Most children (and some adults) will be in costume, so why not dress up yourself and have fun too- here is some advice on where to buy costumes in Japan
Come on over to the Sorazaya park (near Chuo-Koen, on the top left of the GetHiroshima map) starting from around 2pm and we will have some games and Halloween activities going on for the kids.
We are planning to do the trick-or-treating as the last event of the day around 4:30 pm If any costumed adults would like to help with handing out candy in different spots around the park, that would be great- just let me know on the day when you come.
Looking forward to seeing you there!
Located on the opposite side of the river from the Green Arena, the Sorazaya park is a great park for picnic-ing and play-dates, it has a small shrine/temple adjacent. It is listed on the GetHiroshima Map (available at information offices, hotels and restaurants around the city)
Clouds and light rain will not put us off, but if it is rainy heavily or stormy it will be canceled, sorry.
* Quick List Snack Potluck- bring finger-food snacks, cakes or cookies to share with a fun or Halloween theme are always popular.
You could win our spooky-snack prize if you make something really Halloween fun or spooky!
* Donating candy: If possible, please bring some wrapped sweets, snacks or small toys to add to the pot for trick-or-treating that helps provide a nice variety of goodies and makes sure there is enough to go around for all the kids.
If you could also please carry your own trash home with you it would be a HUGE help!
* Bring a bucket or bag for your child to collect their goodies in from trick-or-treating and other activities during the day.
* There is no parking available at the park, but there are a couple of 100 yen parking lots nearby.
* **Please ask your kids to say "please", "thank you" as well as "trick-or-treat" for the event- it makes all the difference to all the volunteers and helps it be a positive, friendly event!
Want to help? Drop me a line before the day, or volunteer to help on the day, thanks!
If you have a great idea for a game or activity that you would like to do, please drop me a line- it is always nice to get new activities and new enthusiastic parents involved!